Monday, August 6, 2007

8 Random Things about Me!

One of my oldest and dearest friends, Ashley, has just tagged me for this game! So just as in elementary school, when you get "tagged" you are "it". And now I have to find 8 more people to tag. Here are the rules to the game.

The Rules:
1. I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.
2. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog (about their eight things) and post these rules. (**if you’re a non-blogger, you can email them!)
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

And....here goes!

1. I really love to cook, but may be guilty of rushing things in the kitchen. My hubby Jason is an excellent cook (when he gets the urge to cook), and he is always urging me to “put more love into the food.” Translation – don’t start dinner and then leave it simmering/burning while doing a load of laundry, checking email, and paying bills. Guilty as charged!

2. This one is probably obvious if you have spent more than about thirty seconds with me – but I have a real weakness for animals, especially animals that I think are “in need.” This ranges anywhere from the possum we found dying in our street last month (don’t worry – I didn’t touch it), to the turtle I had Jason stop the car for so I could help it cross the street (while on my way to Shelby’s wedding!), and of course the dogs that I am always trying to rescue.

3. To further number 2, I once inadvertently “dog-napped” a dog. I was leaving my parents house and found a BIG black great-dane looking dog that appeared lost. I opened my car door and he jumped in, so naturally I took him back home with me to my SMU apartment. His name was “Nate Dog.” I bathed him, fed him, and he slept in my bed with Baxter, Dixie, and I. The next day I took him to his vet as they had located his owners. Sad…. About a month later, my Dad says “Steph, I don’t know how to tell you this…but, yesterday we saw Nate Dog out walking with his owners. He belongs to our neighbors!” OOPS!

4. My favorite prank as a kid was undoubtedly prank calling with miss Ashley Brown (now Ashley Toney!) I never did the talking because I couldn’t keep from laughing hysterically. I would tell you more, but it would be incriminating, so I have to stop there.

5. I have wonderful parents who provided my brother Scott and I with the most loving and happy home life. As a result, I never wanted to be away from home for long and without a doubt I got home sick EVERY TIME I spent the night out somewhere. They always bailed me out whether it was from a sleepover, A&M basketball camp (yikes!), or any other situation when I just wanted to be home. I couldn’t have asked for more loving (and patient) parents.

6. I do not, repeat, do not like to discuss planets or as I like to call it “planetology.” It totally freaks me out.

7. I met two of my oldest and dearest friends in 2nd grade at Jackson Elementary in Plano – Ashley Brown and Whitney Freeman. Trends at the time – slouch socks in alternating colors on each ankle. Keds sneakers. BIG bangs styled over to one side. NKOTB. (If you don’t know what that stands for, I can’t tell you now.)

8. I managed to attend almost all of the universities on the I-35 corridor between Waco, TX and Norman, OK. (Trust me on this – this is my Uncle Tommy’s favorite thing to razz me about  ) Good news is I did finish in four years before I was involuntarily removed from my parents’ payroll!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL this brings back so many memories and I'm sitting at my computer laughing at our scheme to get our parents to come pick us up from basketball camp. LOL! We were good!! :)

meh. said...

We had no idea you had a blog! What losers we are! We are definitely making a link for you on our links page asap. Tim is mulling over his 8 random things. They should be up in the next few days... "planetology" that just cracked me up.

Jolly