Thursday, April 7, 2011

A thankful state of mind

Growing up, I remember my parent's telling us that we have a choice every day to make it a good day. We can choose to be negative and dwell on things that aren't exactly perfect, or alternatively, we can choose to see the bright side.

Driving to work this morning, I couldn't help but think of how great life is at this very moment. Yes, I am very tired most of the time after waking up at 5am to make it to work on time. Yes, it can be difficult to "hold down the fort" while Jason works very long hours.  That being said, we have so very much to be thankful for. 

My Company has worked with me on a wonderful flexible schedule so I can have "Kaitlyn and Mommy" days.  

Every day I arrive home to a beautiful little spanish-speaking (partially English-speaking, too) daughter.  She is healthy, joyful, intelligent, and thriving.

My husband works so hard to provide for us, and when he comes home he works even more around the house. I am so lucky to have a husband who is my best friend but is also a great roommate.  He even uses a hamper! I have heard there are some men out there who can't seem to find theirs!!

When Kaitlyn hears the garage door go up at night, she shrieks and runs around like crazy until she gets a chance to hug her Daddy. Then she brings him the guitar and says "Guitar Daddy" so he'll play her some tunes.

The dogs - what can I say, I love them! Molly is so loyal she gets up with me and keeps me company at o'dark thirty while I eat breakfast and get ready for work.

I could go on and on....Which is to say, life is good!

No comments: