Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Dogs






For my first real blog, I thought it would be fitting to talk about all the dogs in my life.

Baxter and Dixie are so happy to finally have a back yard of their own. Dixie treats trips to the back yard more like a business venture, takes care of things and returns immediately so as not to miss any people food inside. Baxter prefers to linger, in hopes of finding a golfer or neighborhood walker getting too close to his kingdom. We also have a rabbit who Baxter stakes out every night. (What do we do when he catches it?)

Mom and Dad added a new addition to their family in 2006 - the "Duke of DSC." Duke and Baxter became instant friends - even though there was initially a 60+ pound weight difference. During their first weekend together, they played non-stop tug of war as you can see here..... Baxter has really enjoyed having a new friend. Dixie, unfortunately, isn't quite so keen on making new friends at this stage in her life. Duke goes with Dad to work several days a week. He rides shotgun in the Suburban and always wears his seatbelt. Although Duke might look tough, he is really a teddy bear and he's absolutely crazy for my parents. I feel sure the feeling is mutual though.


Jason and I have been VIP's at the Holt Veterinary Clinic since late August 2006. (This is the most wonderful vet clinic, by the way. We wouldn't trust our doggies with anyone else but Drs. Baxter and Bratton) Dixie has the equivalent of "doggie lupus" and had her spleen removed in September. We just got the wonderful news on Saturday that she is stabilized and she should be just fine and will hopefully be around for years to come! Here is a picture of Dixie during her recovery.


Speaking of dogs, a big furry white one just crawled into my lap ... Dogs are one of God's greatest blessings.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi...I was just looking through pictures last nigh and have a ton of Mr. Baxter:) It seems that you and Jason are really great. I am happt for you!Reid and I are still in Jackson and loving it. You should visit this summer. I would love to catch up sometime!