Sunday, September 9, 2007

Farewell, sweet friend


Our precious Dixie passed away to dog heaven on Thursday after spending six wonderful years with Jason and I.

I wanted to share some of our favorite pictures of our girl taken over the last few years after we got a digital camera. We were lucky to have such a sweet girl with us and we will always look back on our time with her and smile.

Dixie post-spaghetti in 2007


Dixie and I shortly after her surgery in 2006

Dixie hunting for scraps of anything in Houston

Baxter, Dixie, and I going for a walk in Houston (2005). She did not like the rain and this was one way to convince her to go out in it....






Dixie's "birthday" in 2005



Dixie before the 4th of July parade in 2006


We will miss you, Dixie!

4 comments:

meh. said...

She was such a nice dog. Olivia still remembers meeting her in Dallas that Thanksgiving a few years ago. She was so patient with children.

Thanks for sharing those pics.

Jolly

Unknown said...

Awww I'm so sad - such a sweet dog. My heart breaks for y'all - I know how hard it is to lose someone you love so much. Many prayers and happy memories to fill your days!! Love you!

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear- I remember you talking about Dixie when you were in 15505. Had no idea you had an ill friend on your hands. I hope Doggy Heaven is as nice as the home I'm sure you both gave her.

Kakky said...

I will really miss sweet little Dixie. I will always remember her as the most beautiful dog with the prettiest bonnet and winner of the Easter Parade. We have so many fun, happy memories of our girl; especially "hiding" behind the curtains. Love, Mom