So yesterday I decided to help Jason out with the last of the items on his "to-do" list. (He worked all day Saturday doing a variety of projects around the house while I was in OKC). This project was to use the hose attachment to Windex the front windows around the front door. Sounds easy, right??
I noticed Jason peeking at me from inside the house several times as I maneuvered the hose around the house and tried to hook the Windex attachment to it. He gave me a smile and a look that said "Are you SURE you don't need help?" (And so I had a helper) As we went to clean the windows we encountered a few wasp nests and the aggravated owner of these nests. We used several different hose attachments to try to break these nests down, and then resorted to a tennis ball.
So here we are - me, looking like a drowned rat from hosing down the windows, and Jason throwing a purple tennis ball trying to smash down the nest. My role in this was to play backup catcher if he missed the tennis ball return. Then we have the two dogs inside the windows trying to figure out why Mom and Dad are playing with THEIR ball? The funniest part is when the momma wasp comes back to try to get us, and Jason and I run shrieking through the front yard all the way to the street in hopes of escaping. (we did!) I can only imagine what our neighbors were thinking if they were to have caught a glimpse.
The good news is the windows look great and I'm pretty sure we provided some free entertainment to the neighbors :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That could've been a YouTube moment, y'know. =D
oh, to be a fly on the wall. or a wasp on the window :) your stories are so cute! i can just picture ya'll now....
Post a Comment