Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Visit with the Dixons - UPDATED!

My cousin Drew, his wife Kelly, and their three boys Brant, Will, and Jay came through Dallas for a visit during the last week in December. Oh, also their puppy dog Kit came along. She is a beautiful six-month old lab and is Molly's new "BFF." They live outside of Winston-Salem, NC so we don't get to see each other near as often as I'd like. It was such a treat to be able to spend a few days visiting with all of them. The little boys who I used to babysit (and change their diapers!!) are really growing up into intelligent, witty, and kind young men. We played a ferocious game of Scattergories and got lots of laughs watching the three dogs playing together.

During their visit, they told us the exciting news that their family is adopting two little boys from Liberia!! They are 4 and 5 1/2 years old and are currently living in an orphange there. Drew and Kelly expect they will be here to the states in about six months. I can not wait to meet and get to know them. Please say a prayer for their family as well as these two precious boys as they all prepare for a time of transition. I can only imagine how the boys' lives are about to change for the better.

This is Baxter, Molly, and Kit enjoying their "kongs" filled with peanut butter:

Begging for something, cheese maybe?


Gathering round the TV to watch the Wake Forest Deacons in their bowl game:


Jay (left), Will, Baxter and Kit looking cute together

Molly is taking advantage of all these dog lovers (I think this is Scott's hand?)


Chatting in the kitchen - this is Mom, Drew, and Kelly


Mom, Kelly, and I trying to catch up after several years. There is lots to catch up on!!


Jay loving on Molly (it is her time of the month...)


i am just realizing that I don't have a good picture of Brant! I will have to find one from Kelly to post here -- he is a real cutie. He is now quite a bit taller than me - probably six feet tall almost -- and already a 9th grader. I still can't believe how they are growing up!

UPDATE --- Here's a cute picture of Will and Brant that Aunt Susan sent to me this morning. Thank you! Now you can see the whole family here :)


Jas and I really enjoyed their visit and are so looking forward to having a house full of our own someday.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OK I officially feel old. Those boys are so big now!!! Where did the time go? And how beautiful is their lab?? Makes me want more! :)