I have spent the better part of a week and a half feeling (and looking probably) like death -- just the all over "crud" really. Thank goodness for antibiotics. After only 24 hours on the drugs, I am feeling so much better! That and my friend Janet told me to try a mix of hot tea, honey, and bourbon. I highly recommend this!
The next posts will hopefully be up tonight and I'll write and share pictures of our amazing trip to NYC on December 22 - 26 as well as our lovely visit from my cousin Drew and his family during the last few days of December.
Jason and I had a wonderful holiday together complete with LOTS of movies --- Charlie Wilson's War, Rendition, The Savages, Juno, Alien Vs. Predator 2 (I did not see this one)
Juno -- Have you seen this movie? If not, you simply MUST! It crosses all generations and is a great dra-medy. You'll love Jennifer Garner's performance in this movie. I couldn't figure out whether to love or hate her. I can't wait to see this movie again....and again.
Savages - Depressing but very good. It's about children who take care of their aging parents and the reality that this presents. As we walked out of the theatre, I overheard another man saying "Okay now I feel like jumping off the top of this building!" It was very good though and Jason gave it a 9.5 out of 10.
Rendition - Very good but again depressing. (We saw Savages and Rendition both on New Year's Eve. Luckily it was a festive day so we were able to quickly put the sad mood of the movies behind us.)
Charlie Wilson's War -- Two thumbs down (those thumbs being Jason and Steph's). At first we thought it was "ok," but after seeing all of the afore mentioned movies, it doesn't hold a candle. The movie ends, and we were like "that's it??" Save your money!
OK - more blogging with pictures later. The lunch break is over :)
One more thing --- I am still smiling from ear to ear after finding out that my oldest and dearest friend Ashley Elizabeth is expecting TWINS!! I can not wait to meet these little ones that are growing in her tummy. Our dinner dates will soon be relocating to Show Biz or McDonalds.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
LOL not so fast about ShoBiz!! We're gonna have to have some sushi and wine just as soon as these two arrive b/c not having it is KILLING ME!! :) seriously, though...dinner needs to happen soon.
Post a Comment