Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Happenings

Jason and I are right this minute snuggled up on the couch planning an April trip to MAUI!! Yes, finally, at long last we are Hawaii bound! BIG SMILES!

This coming weekend we are celebrating with our families all of Jason's accomplishments at work. I won't brag on him too much here, but let's say he is kicking tail and taking names :-) So we are going to have the fam's over for dinner, wine, and cards and lots of toasts in his honor. Way to go, Heido!!! We love you.

Today at work we had a memorial service for the plane crash victims. It was a beautiful and moving tribute. It was held in our corporate hangar and all of the Company planes were there pointed nose in sort of surrounding. Since all three of the victims were pilots, it was a fitting tribute to them. Although it scares the tar out of me that there was a crash, it is comforting to know that they all three died doing something they were so passionate about. I am proud to work for a company who has handled this with such class and dignity. No amount of raises or bonuses could have made me feel as proud as their reaction in the face of this tragedy.

That's all for now! Stay tuned next week!!!

3 comments:

Barrett and Jen said...

I love that you added the bby ticker!!!! So excited for you!!!

Kelly said...

ONLY 196 days....love it!!
Still going to Maui???

Unknown said...

where's the prego blog??? all we get is a ticker?? I WANT THE WHOLE STORY!!!