Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Happenings – October 20

Wow…..This blog is really getting behind! I guess we may be nearing “the end of the road” for this particular avenue of communication. It seems I am avoiding the computer at all costs on the nights and weekends, in hopes of maximizing my family time. So, for now, here’s a quick update on life with the Heideman’s:



Jason continues to thrive in his new role at Sabre. Unfortunately his hours are still quite long, but we are adjusting and settling into this new routine. Some weeknights, he is able to get home and kiss Kaitlyn before she goes down, and then he works more in his home office. Other nights us girls go it alone until the “wee hours.”



Kaitlyn is not walking…yet…but is giving it serious consideration. We are not rushing this one bit! She gets everywhere she wants to go via crawling at this point. Her vocabulary is expansive and she is adding about three to four words a week. Her newest words are book, spider, and WOW! I learned that she could say “WOW” yesterday as we browsed through CVS. She pointed at the cosmetics with a very emphatic “WOW!” She is a girly girl indeed.



I am working four days a week now and love it. It really breaks up the work week for me, and is easier to bear the separation from Kaitlyn now that I can plan on a full day together for the two of us during the week. She was under the weather last week on our day, but tomorrow we hope to hit the aquarium! I am not completely “off the clock” on these days as I am still checking email and available for emergency requests or questions, but that is just fine by me. Being able to stay in my jammies and drink my coffee with Baby K is just fab!

My Mom's big back surgery is next Tuesday the 26th. Please remember her in your prayers. We are hoping for 80-90% relief which would be nothing short of a miracle for her. We are ready for her to be able to enjoy her life again: travel with the Wonderful One, visit with friends, and do all of her crafty hobbies!


My short lunch break is over. Here’s the only recent picture I have of Baby Kait. This was taken by her Kakky last weekend. It’s kind of fuzzy but thought you’d enjoy the pig tails! If Kakky emails me any more I will be sure to add them. I am going to try and be better at blog maintenance!



No comments: