We start our big bathroom remodel next Monday….wish us luck. The contractor says it will take five weeks. I’m hoping that’s a reasonable estimate, I can’t wait for our new, spa-like bathroom retreat that we have planned. We’ve waited four years to do this (pretty much since the day we moved in), and can’t believe the day has finally come to take the big plunge!
Kaitlyn continues to light up our lives and amaze us daily. She loves to vacuum and continues to favor spiders and dogs over all other animals. She is working on potty training – based on her initiative, not ours – and we are having lots of success with that so far. She reminds me every time that she is due at least one “tweat” (M&M).
I am putting myself through a boot camp to get rid of the last few baby / post-baby pounds before the wedding. I’ve started working out with a workout buddy, my good friend Wincy who lives across the alley. The 45 minutes of cardio sure does fly by when you are busy visiting! Plus it helps to know I have someone counting on me when I feel like staying either in bed or on the couch instead. I have decided if these pounds are permanent despite my best efforts, that I’m okay with that, too. It is worth it for the precious little girl that God has blessed us with.
Jason has played the guitar for Kait quite a bit lately, which she loves. She sits in a purple stuffed chair and listens as if it is a real concert. She shows interest also in strumming the strings and trying to make music, which we love. Her non-artistic, non-musical Mommy would love if she had some musical inclinations from her Daddy’s gene pool.
Jas is also getting ready for a big conference next week during which he will host an afternoon seminar and facilitate several others. He’ll also be busy entertaining out of town peers and customers, so Kait and I will be dining solo all next week for dinner time. (I feel a Target tea party in our future)
Happy Tuesday! Stay warm
Oh yes, here's a couple of pictures. We are making homemade chocolate sheet cake together. Kaitlyn was the taster, and she approved.

Here's Kait and Molly snuggling yesterday on our unexpected snow day. The dogs are so wonderful with her.
No comments:
Post a Comment