Kaitlyn has come to affectionately refer to the bathroom construction workers as “Senor.” She chases them through the house, smiling, waving, and greeting them with “Nor, Nor.” (The closest she can come to saying senor, we suppose).
Yesterday was the last day of the senors tenure at our house. It seems when they left, they forgot to lock the front door. As we all got home last night, I was setting down my purse in the kitchen when I quickly realized the scary silence of our house. If you’re a parent you know this – silence is usually always a bad thing when the kids are awake.
Kaitlyn – along with her co-conspirator and four-legged best friend Molly – had made their way quietly out the front door. Kaitlyn was halfway down the sidewalk. Although she was being VERY naughty, I do have to compliment her that she was going down the stairs the safe way on her tummy! So there I find Kaitlyn on her way to her boyfriend Matthew’s house (across the street) and Molly is SO excited about their adventure. She is running crazy circles around Kaitlyn and making happy groaning noises.
I guess I should feel comforted that at least they decided to run away together.
Where is Baxter? (aka – “Scott’s little gentleman”). He is sitting in the doorway watching this whole thing unfold, probably hoping his good behavior will be rewarded with some sort of food product! No luck, my friend.
No comments:
Post a Comment