Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Happenings - February 8

Today is the FIFTH work day in the last two weeks that I we are housebound due to ice and snow. Bizarre!

I am across the street at our friends' house working in their home office while Kaitlyn plays with her friends Bette and Georgie and their nanny, Ofe'. She cried for a good thirty minutes after I "abandoned" her, but she's good now. Whew!

Updates from the last few weeks:

-The master bathroom renovation is coming along beautifully! Right now they are installing the travertine around the tub and inside the shower. We are hoping they are done within the next two weeks. Whenever we ask, his answer is "two weeks." We are ready for our new master suite to be completed and I will definitely post lots of pictures upon completion.

-Scott gets married to sweet Catherine in a little over two weeks. We are so excited! Miss Alicia is staying with the princess Kaitlyn and the dogs, so Jason and I will lay on the beach and relax and enjoy each other's company. Scott and Catherine are expecting about twenty people, and it will be a fun group to spend time with for five days. Hopefully this near-albino CPA will get at least "some" color.

-Mom (Kakky) and I are going to NYC in May for a long girls' weekend, and we plan to see LOTS of Broadway shows, eat some wonderful meals together, and enjoy all the sights of the City. I'd still love to move their someday, so this will hopefully stave off that urge for awhile.

-Kaitlyn is our little angel! Her vocabulary is absolutely amazing us, and at the current moment her English vocabulary is slightly bigger than her Spanish vocabulary. Her favorite activities right now are walking through the house with a tupperware container full of raisins and hiding them everywhere, going to the library with Miss Alicia and her boyfriend Matthew, spending time with Kakky and Pops, and putting all kinds of inappropriate things in the commode and then trying to flush it. She also loves to snuggle her dogs, whom she refers to as "Mol" and "Bakter." Ha!

That's all for now. Stay safe in this blizzard!

No comments: