Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The Chef and his Sous

Well this is a very belated post, but the Saturday night before Easter, we got together with Jason's Dad and Stepmom for a cooking party. The menu was:
Black Cod with a teriyaki wasabi sauce
Sweet Potato Soufle
Spinach Au Gratin
Steamed Asparagus in a citrus glaze
Pears baked in amaretto with blue bell

It was a lot of chopping and preparing, but worth all of the effort. I think we started cooking around 6 or so and sat down to eat at 9. Never fear though - there was wine flowing during the preparation stages :)

Jason's Dad (Mike) is definitely the chef of the family, although I don't think Carol is too far behind! We got a system going where he sort of circled through the kitchen to make sure that each of his three sous chefs were doing okay.

Jason now knows how to wilt spinach and I can roast not one but three different colors of bell peppers. You know how I like colors, so this was especially fun for me. (See picture below).

It was a wonderful evening, here are some highlights:

Jason hard at work. No time for a smile here!

Another cute one...

This is my favorite part, the tri-colored bell peppers.



Canine helper #1



Canine helper #2




My favorite pic of the night. The entire family within three square feet!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i'm gonna have to nominate you for the cutest family of the year award!! lots of wine and dinner prep sounds like the perfect night!