News from our world:
1. Spring is off to a great start at our house. We took the plunge and decided to outsource the weekly lawn maintenance this year. So far, it’s the best $25 a week we’ve spent since becoming homeowners. No we have two or three extra free hours each weekend to either piddle in the yard on other things, or just doing whatever it is we feel like doing. By the way, we are so impressed with the quality and integrity of the yard crew we’ve hired. If you need a recommendation, let me know!
2. We returned last week from a wonderful trip to Winter Park, CO with our buddies Doug and Julie McNee. We did lots of skiing, not too much falling, and most of all lots of laughing! It is always nice to getaway where there are no chores or best of all COMPUTERS!
3. My Nana has unfortunately been moved to a memory care ward in her nursing home in OKC. Mom and Dad went for a visit last week, and said she looks wonderful as usual – but her memory is very impaired. She seems to be in good spirits, and thankfully, when they moved her room they were able to set up her new room exactly the same as the other one. So she still has all her pictures of her family and especially her sweetie (Papa) on the walls. Please keep her in your prayers.
4. Last week was the week of birthdays for us. Jason’s brother and sister, Larkin and Erin, celebrated their birthdays on the 11th and my little brother Scott (“Roosky”) had his birthday on the 9th. Happy Birthday to all!
5. The mother of one of my dearest friends, Whitney, has been having a rough time lately in her battle against cancer. Michelle is an amazing woman and manages to keep a positive attitude and a smile on her face always, even though I know she probably feels very crummy sometimes. Please remember her in your prayers as she continues her treatments throughout the months to come.
6. Ashley is about two and a half months from being the Mommy to twin girls. I can’t wait to meet these little angels. We had a baby shower for her last weekend, and I will get pictures posted here soon.
7. I will travel to Waco Saturday for a training seminar on animal assistive therapy (AAT). This will train me on how to train our dog Molly to be a “therapy dog.” We will be associated with a group called the Delta Society, which is national organization for AAT. After I am trained, Molly and I will spend several months training together on perfecting her basic obedience commands as well as getting comfortable in public places such as the bank, retail stores, and anyplace else I can think of that allows dogs. She will be evaluated and then we will be evaluated as a team before we can officially begin our volunteer work together.
I hope to be able to visit nursing homes and possibly even hospitals with her. She has the most joyful spirit, and I can’t wait to share her happiness with others. As I have shared with many of you, one of my New Years resolutions was to “be more like Molly!” She is constantly happy and really helps Jason and I to remember that life is full of little joys. I’ll keep you posted on our progress on this journey.
That’s all for now! Hope you are having a great week so far.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
such a great post! lots of blessings in your lives...so happy to read about all of them. hope you had a wonderful little road trip this weekend. email me soon!
Post a Comment