It appears that it has set in. I was talking to one of my good friends today while at work, and all of a sudden I notice a used paper plate in the trash can next to me. This makes me think “what if there is a cake around here somewhere?” and I am then totally unable to concentrate. Luckily Malinda knows me well enough to know that I’m a little “off” at times, so she just smiled.
So, just in case the pregnancy brain is permanent, I’ve come up with a list of some of my former professions which I could pick up again if I’m unable to properly function as a CPA / Assistant Controller.
1. Dry cleaning attendant
2. GNC clerk (three locations!)
3. Tutor to SMU students at an egregious hourly rate – whatever the market will bear, right?
4. Weed-puller (circa late 80’s or early 90’s)
5. Lost-dog finder
6. Nanny
7. Pseudo-florist
8. Sonic car hop (close runner up in profitability to #3)
9. Pharmacy technician (okay I never did this but always wanted to and love the way a pharmacy smells)
So if you can’t find me effective mid-November when maternity leave is over, you might check these various establishments in Dallas/Las Colinas.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We call it placenta brain and I think we all get it and that is perfectly fine. That is awesome that you guys get to go on one last honeymoon before little girl gets here. Have a blast.
Post a Comment