Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Update from the working world

First, thank you for all the sweet emails, phone calls and cards of encouragement as I start this new phase of life as a working Mom. So far, things are going really smoothly with a manageable amount of separation anxiety on my part! Kaitlyn absolutely loves her nanny and smiles and laughs each morning when she arrives. Yesterday I came home a bit early to find Kaitlyn in Alicia’s arms as she was cleaning bottles in the kitchen. That did my heart good! They are taking long walks together every day and doing lots of playing and reading.

I’m getting used to the new 5am wake up call, but find myself getting out of bed pretty easily in the mornings. God definitely gives us Mothers an extra burst of energy just when we need it most.

Work is good. Things sort of picked up right where I left them on July 31st. That is to say that not all of my duties continued on in my absence…so it is catch up time with Friday being the last day of our fiscal year. I much prefer to be busy, busy at work so I’m happy and the days are flying by. We are moving to a temporary building next week while our new corporate headquarters are being completed. I’m looking forward to a new workspace with much more natural light. I’ve been in an office without windows for two and a half years, so sunshine will be such a refreshing change!

Thanks again for your love and encouragement. I have certainly felt lifted up by the prayers and I think we are going to make it through this in one piece. Kaitlyn is happy, safe, and healthy and Jason and I are so enjoying our new life as parents. We are also thankful for our time together each night to catch up just the two of us after the munchkin drifts off to dream land!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Glad to hear things are going well! Your family is at the top of the list in our family prayer journal this week!

Hope we'll see you soon! (More later!)
kd