Thursday, November 5, 2009

Happy, busy, TIRED!

The whole family is slowly but surely settling into this new routine of Mom being back to work. Our pediatrician (and friend and neighbor) tells me often that Kaitlyn is a very alert baby and she probably is more aware of these changes than we know. She has been a bit fussy for Alicia during the days so far, but I know once she gets through this adjustment the two of them are going to have so much fun together. Each afternoon Kaitlyn and I have been taking long walks together in this beautiful weather, and stopping at the park at the end of our street to swing. (Not really swinging….she sits in my lap and we rock in the gliding park bench!) Our new plan of eating all meals at home is working beautifully, thanks to lots of Sunday cooking, advance snack preparation, and help from my Mom with meal planning. Cutting out all the restaurant expenses is going to play a huge part in making our new family budget work. A few nights, we’ve been tempted to drive through or go out to eat, but we’ve stuck together and overcome the urge so far!
This weekend we are heading south on I-35 to Waco for Jason’s friend Jonathan’s wedding. Jonathan has such a special place in my heart as he was with us during the very early stages of dating, actually before we even went on an official date. These two were roommates for many years during college and beyond and Jonathan has found “the one” in Katherine. We are so excited for the two of them. Miss Priss will be staying with her Pops and Kakky starting tomorrow afternoon when Pops comes to pick her up. We are keeping our fingers crossed that she isn’t too fussy for her grandparents, and we are going to enjoy a little time away for the two of us.
I am finishing my “half-caff” coffee and hoping it does the trick after a VERY early baby wake-up call today. She’s midway through her three-month growth spurt and is more interested than ever in eating. (Probably because she’s inherited her Pop and Uncle Scott’s height, and is on her way to being 5’10” we hope!!) And one final thought, I stick by my statement that I would rather be tired than nauseas any day of the week. I do not miss the saltines and sprite one tiny bit! But it was worth every minute of nausea to become parents.

Have a great weekend!


Here's a picture of our pumpkin at our neighborhood party this weekend. I'll be honest, she woke up from a nap in her stroller to find both of her parents enjoying people-watching with a frosty beverage in their hands! So she is probably laughing AT us here.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hello, mini-Jason :) how precious is that little angel?? i miss her so much. I've got to get my hands on that sweet child, soon. i'm sure she'll be a LOVE for pops and kakky this weekend. y'all have a blast and be safe. see you next friday night :) :) :)

Kelly said...

She looks great! So cute...