Wednesday, November 11, 2009

I'm not ashamed....I'm a coupon clipper!

Now that we are a family of three (well, actually five) and have all the additional expenses, we are in major cost-cutting mode. I’ve researched various casual-dining establishments that offer rewards programs and/or coupons. I’ve found the six listed below, all of which you can sign up for online:
Chick-Fila
Arby’s
Dickey’s BBQ
Jersey Mike’s
Jason’s Deli
McDonalds
I made sure to sign up for both Jason and I to have separate accounts, so we both get the birthday coupons. Lucky for us, his birthday is next week!
Also I ALWAYS check my receipts at Taco Bueno, Arby’s and Sonic because you can often get free food there by filling out an online survey.
**I should say that my fast food habit has thankfully become only once about every two weeks, down dramatically from my Taco Bueno fixation during pregnancy. (Let’s not discuss my last two weeks of pregnancy when I dined consistently on Grandy’s Chicken Fried Steak. Hello ten pounds!)**
Anyone else know of any good coupons/ cost saving ideas for groceries and dining out? Mom I know you for sure have some good ideas! Can’t wait to get more recessionista ideas.

5 comments:

Emily K. said...

So good to know, thanks! Where did you find the Chick-Fil-A one? I can't find it on their site, and we eat there weekly :).

Emily K. said...

Oops, right in front of my face!

Unknown said...

coupons.com. the first of every month they add new coupons that you can print. makes grocery shopping AMAZING! i have a bookmark set on my phone to remind me on the 1st of each month b/c some coupons have a "print limit" and once they reach that you can no longer print. it's fabulous!!

Stephanie said...

Setting a coupons.com reminder on my outlook...yay! Thanks :)

Kelly said...

Definitely go to restaurant.com.......and search by your zip code. They sell dramatically reduced gift certs to your favorite restaurants. I just bought $100 worth of Brixx Pizza for $12!

And hey--keep clipping those grocery coupons! They are FREE money! You wouldn't even leave a quarter on the ground would you? So why not clip coupons? No shame in that---gives you more money for other stuff!! (Plus....coupon usage keeps Drew in a job and paying my bills :):))