Thursday, January 28, 2010

overdue update

Well Mom and I had a F-U-N trip to OKC planned with the little munchkin. we were set to leave tomorrow but it's been cancelled due to the winter weather expected north of Dallas and into Oklahoma. It was to be a busy, long weekend filled with Kaitlyn meeting several of her relatives for the first time, and visiting with other friends and family. Just a nice, peaceful getaway for all of us. Hopefully, we'll make it up there sometime soon.

Our nanny is in Mexico to attend a Mass in honor of the one-year anniversary of her Father's death, so Kakky (my Mom) is keeping Kaitlyn today and tomorrow. We really had to twist her arm to get her agree to that! I had lunch with them and the two of them were having a ball together. While I am always sad to be away from my sweet baby girl, I get so much peace knowing that whomever she is with during the workday, she is extremely loved and cherished. There is no shortage of affection being bestowed on her, and I'm a firm believer that a baby this age can't get enough hugs, kisses, and just plain 'ol snuggling!

Tonight is to be date night, assuming I can stay awake past 8pm. Today's wake up call was 4:30am, so I may turn into a pumpkin before I'd like to this evening!

Tomorrow we FINALLY issue our financial statements at work. You know me, I love, love, love this part of my job. I am proud to be a nerd. At least I found that thing that I am passionate about. (I can't figure out how to avoid ending my sentences with prepositions. Maybe a certain English-teaching reader can help me?)

happy Thursday! Stay safe in this weather.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Try....."At least I found that thing for which I am passionate!"

And I'm proud to be an English biddy! hahahaha