Yesterday the three of us were taking a Sunday drive through Southlake. Truth be told, we were somewhat looking for “dream houses” that we may someday be able to afford. We both love Southlake…
Anyways, we are driving down Randol Mill Road when we both spot two GIANT poodles running together down the side of the road. Knowing me, you can probably guess exactly what transpired next.
“Jason, Jason, Jason, we have to save those dogs! Somebody love those dogs! PLEEEEEEASE pull over!”
As we got closer, we laughed that the black poodle was carrying a fresh Wilson tennis ball in his mouth. Somebody certainly loved these dogs. We chased them in the car through the neighborhood, and we finally caught up with the black dog, Luke, and his tennis ball. We opened the back car door and he jumped into the Infiniti, peeked at Kaitlyn asleep in her car seat, and sat in the middle of the back seat like a perfect gentleman.
However, his cohort didn’t go down nearly as easily. She took off running through the neighborhood. I grabbed Jason’s phone and called the owners as I was in hot pursuit of the white poodle with the Christmas bandana. I felt like Detective Stabler from Law and Order as I ran crazy through the neighborhood trying to catch her.
When I finally caught up to her, she panicked I think and decided to take a flying leap into the pond towards the front of the neighborhood. Once she got into the pond, of course, she realized she was indeed a poodle and didn’t want to swim. I took of my shoes and got halfway in there to help lift the 75-pound dog out of the nasty water.
We got in touch with the owners shortly thereafter, who were a sweet young couple who were so thankful to be reunited with their poodles, Luke and Laura….yep, that’s right…Luke and Laura. Does anyone else out there appreciate these names as much as I do?
3 comments:
too funny! Jax & I found a jack russell w/ no collar a couple of weeks ago - it lived with us for 3 days before he got out of the house and took off. I am hoping he ran home!
ok, i officially think you are crazy. you picked up a dog from the side of the road and let it hop in the backseat of your car with your BABY??? what if he bit her??? OMG ok i'm a worrywart. i accept it :)
Ash don't worry....I did a few quick checks on it to make sure it was a friendly dog. Plus if you'd seen this one, it looked like a caricature out of a Disney movie :) A big ball of love :)
Post a Comment