Dear Kaitlyn,
This past month your Daddy and I have loved every minute of watching you grow and change so quickly before our eyes.
On March 31st you said your first word, “Momma!” I could hardly believe it. We were sure your first word would be “Molly.”
You love to turn the lights on and off, as well as the garage door. We don’t pass a light switch without you reaching out to “help” us by turning it in the opposite direction.
We think you understand Spanish better than English. When we switch from English to Spanish, your expression changes, almost like “Well you are FINALLY speaking my language.” We are excited for you to be bilingual. You can recognize and point to lots of body parts in Spanish, but your favorite is “Donde esta mi nariz?” You love pointing at noses!
Your favorite toy is by far and away your singing Easter Bunny from your Kakky. The ears wiggle and the foot taps up and down and you squeal with delight (and try to eat the ears!)
On April 18 I gave you your first haircut, with the sole purpose of removing or at least shortening your mullet. It’s not perfect, but it looks much better now. We saved all of your hair for your baby book, don’t worry!
On Friday you said your second word, “Dada!” I can tell you right now that you made your Daddy’s whole MONTH when you said that word to him. You love to point at him and tell him his name, over and over and over and over….
On Friday the 24th you also went to your first Texas Ranger’s game. You were an absolute doll! You rode in your Bjorn for part of the time and we must have been stopped by at LEAST 50 people to say hello to you and tell you how cute you are! We agree.
You still can’t crawl yet, but you are on your hands and knees rocking. So we think it is any day now.
You are sleeping from 7pm to almost 8am, with one feeding around 6am when I wake you up just so I can see you before work. I can’t bear to start my day without snuggling you, your Daddy either!
Love you “to the moon”,
Mommy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Several months ago I can remember talking to you about the enormity of the feelings that a mom has for her children. It is very clear from your letter to Kaitlyn today that she has clearly captured yours and Jason's hearts and love, and every day is a wonderful new experience shared with your precious little daughter. Pops and I are so glad to be a part of your lives. Much love, Mom
That is really sweet. I love the monthly updates, it's so nice to have them written since it's crazy (and sad) how quickly you forget it all!!
Post a Comment