Saturday, June 26, 2010

Catching up....Key Biscayne

I've gotten behind on the blog....

Jason and I took our first "kid-free" vacation to Key Biscayne, FL on June 3 to 8. It was a really nice getaway, but six nights was WAY too long for us to be away from our sweet girl for the first time. (Even though she is ten months old, it was a heart wrencher for us!)
Our days consisted of sleeping "in", which in my book now is past 5:30 am! We'd have a cup of coffee / coke zero and head out for a nice long walk on the beach. Then we'd head to the beach or the pool to lounge for the day, followed by a relaxing dinner and listening to live music either at the hotel or South Beach.
We didn't take many pictures, but here are my two favorites:
Here I am receiving a precious text picture message from my Dad, aka Pops. His texts made me smile every day. I think this particlar one was Kaitlyn in her high chair at Ojeda's, one of our favorite Tex-Mex joints.



Here we are before our big night out to the "Magnum Lounge" which turned out to be a men-only kind of establishment. I do not mean that in an adult entertainment kind of way, but rather men who prefer men only. It would have been okay but I was literally the only woman and that particular night they weren't serving dinner and it was Disco night. We made a quick exit...

Happy Five years, Jas! It's been a fun adventure and I can't wait to see what's next! (hopefully more babies though!!)

No comments: