Monday, March 5, 2007

Austin

Jason and I spent this past weekend in Austin for my good friend Jessica's wedding. Jess and Brian were married at the Austin Museum of Art in one of the most magestic settings you can imagine. The ceremony was outside on the back terrace of the museum which overlooks the lake, and the sun set on them as they exchanged their vows. It was truly breath taking! Jess was a beautiful bride and the newlyweds have now headed off to the Canadian Rockies for a week. I am so happy and excited for them!

We have always had the best time in Austin. We made several trips there for stress relief while I was studying for my Master's and CPA in 2002 - 2003. I ALMOST moved there in the summer of 2003 to attend UT Law School, but as it turned out I was too burned out from school and I decided to enter the working world instead....Hmmmm.....

Then it became our weekend getaway spot while we were in Houston. I think we must have journeyed there four or fives times a year during 2004 - mid-2006. (The dogs got to stay at "Rover Oaks" while we made this journey)

I think I have to say that last weekend has to be one of my favorite Austin trips - I finally got to meet my brother in law Larkin's girlfriend and we had such a great time together. Between meeting Lindsay, spending quality time with Jason, and Jess's wedding it was such a great weekend!

Here are some of my Austin favorites from the past five years --
Hotel - Omni Downtown or Hyatt Regency
Sushi - Kenichi
Mexican - Manuels
French - La Brasserie
Bar/Grill - Moonshine on Red River
"Grown up" bar - Driscoll Hotel
"College" bar - Logan's - but don't expect to be able to hear yourself think
Park - the zilker dog park which is near Town Lake
Dream Neighborhood - a lakefront house on Lake Travis, of course!

No comments: