Monday, December 10, 2007

Weekend update

This past weekend was action - packed and really nice. Friday Jason and I had date night at Carrabba's (one of our favorites) and I enjoyed some of my favorite wine --- Pian Di Nova which is a super Tuscan. We ate WAY too much bread as always and even got some delicious desert which I think was called the Sophie? I highly recommend this dessert which was two fudge-y brownies with layers of chocolate moouse "swimming in a pool of chocolate sauce." (the waiter's words, not mine) It was a great ending to the week and a nice chance to unwind with my sweetie. (If he ever read the blog, he would probably not like being called "sweetie." :) )

Saturday Mom and I hit I-35 bright and early. We stopped by and left poinsetta's on Pammy and Papa's grave (they both loved flowers!), and then we headed over to Deaconess to visit with Nana. Her spirits were really good this time. We spent several hours with her visiting and laughing. Mom and I gave her a manicure which she loved. It warmed my heart to see that big smile on her face!! She will hopefully be back in her room at the nursing home by the end of this week. Aunt Susan - in case you've decided to enter the world of the bloggers, a big THANK YOU for your faithful visits. Nana raves about your visits and was so thankful to see you at Deaconess last week.

Then we saw John and Laurie and got to meet their two new additions - Rhodesian Ridgeback puppies named "Liesel" and "Jessie Rae" (named after Papa). They are precious!

We are in the final countdown to our NYC trip. We are definitely going to see "Wicked" and are also thinking of seeing "Les Miserables" while we're there. The cold weather will certainly be a shock to our Texan systems!

As a sidebar, please add my good friend Whitney's Mom, Michelle Freeman, to your prayer list. She is currently at MD Anderson in Houston being evaluated by a team of specialists to try and find new treatments. She has battled cancer for over three years now, and her faith in His will and her constant smile and gentle spirit has been such an inspiration to so many. Please pray for peace for the family and wisdom for the doctors as they evaluate her condition this week.

Merry Christmas!!!!

No comments: