If you know me well, you know that I love, love, LOVE surprises (also known as sussies and susprises), and Jason pulled off one of the best. He surprised me with a weekend at Hotel ZaZa along with a massage at the ZaSpa. Both were heavenly...I just have to mention the turn down service at ZaZa. On Friday evening, we found a single tea light lit in our room along with PEZ left on our bed. PEZ?!?! The more I think about it, the more I like the original and quirky touch. Saturday night they left us a "100 calorie snack" which was a york peppermint patty crisp. I am saving that for a rainy day :)
Friday night we met up with Chris, Noel, and Hunter along with Ray and Diane. Chris and I worked together at UHY in Houston and Diane was a client of both of ours back in 2004 - 2005, during my kindergarten - first grade days. (thankfully I have now graduated to at least seventh grade of CPA-dom!) We ate dinner at Lupe Tortillas which Hunter especially loved due to the sand. I'm not biased here, but I have to say that he's one of the cutest kids I've laid eyes on. And I know he'll be a big Cowboys and Mavs fan, so that's an extra added bonus.
Saturday for lunch we hit our favorite restaurant -- Chuy's on Westheimer. We calculated that we must have eaten there at least 100 times during our 2 year tenure in Houston. Then we met up with the bunch for Doug's party Saturday night at Goode's Armadillo Palace. We were worried at first that we'd get hit by a tornado or lots of hail, but we dodged that bullet. We had a great time enjoying adult beverages and LOTS of laughter.
Here are pics from the weekend.... we can't wait to go back for another Houston visit, and we are so very thankful for all of our sweet friends there.
View of the museum district from our room
Chris and Noel at Lupe Tortilla's
Chris and Hunter
Previously mentioned cutest baby ever, Hunter
The birthday boy, Doug
Mike and Ashley sharing a good laugh
Jason and I towards the end of the evening, as you can probably tell by my hairdo. These bangs must go....
The Baylor FIJI crew, all of whom are now members of the 30 club: Mike, Jonathan, Doug, and Jason. Even at thirty, I think they would definitely still fit in just fine at a Baylor frat party...(or as Jason would prefer, a Baylor kappa party...wink wink)
1 comment:
what a sweet hubby you have to surprise you like that!! way to go, jas!! three point play right there!! :) glad y'all had a wonderful time. it's so fun to revisit old friends and make new memories!
Post a Comment