Monday, March 10, 2008

OKC weekend

Mom and I returned yesterday afternoon from a weekend in OKC visiting with my Nana, Uncle John and Aunt Laurie.

I have to admit that I was officially "out shopped" by my 91-year-old grandmother!! We picked Nana up from her nursing home around 9:15 a.m. on Saturday morning. She was just finishing up her breakfast when we arrived, so after that we loaded up in Dad's suburban and made our first stop at Sam's Club. About three and a half hours later we were done at our second stop, Tuesday Morning. We re-charged our batteries with some burgers from the OKC favorite, Johnnie's, and then it was off to Wal-Mart. Nana was happy to get some goodies for her room here including her favorite staples of peanuts, bananas, cheese and sprite. We had an absolute ball and it was such a blessing to hear Nana laugh and see the twinkle in her eyes again.

Loved seeing John and Laurie as well, and now just have to convince them that I am indeed NOT a democrat ;)

Happy Monday!

No comments: