Thursday, March 20, 2008

Insomniac?

Back in high school (and college too) sleep came easily and often for me. I could lay down for a Sunday (or Monday or Wednesday....) nap and sleep for a good three hours. Still today, when my head hits the pillow I am OUT....but now I just can't seem to stay asleep. Two days this week, I have been up at 3am. This morning, I was up at more like 2 or 2:30 a.m. that makes for a LONG day. I'm here at work already at 6am, so I'm hoping to call it a day around noon and try to get a nap in.

I don't know what to do now? I have tried melatonin to sleep, and that helps me fall asleep even faster but doesn't seem to work to keep me asleep. I've also been working out faithfully to try and tire myself out...The only thing that's worked like a charm were the samples of Lunesta that my Doctor gave me a few months back. It's scary how well that stuff works actually, but I just hate to get hooked on anything like this. Jason & I are always trying to cure things naturally (including the neti pot that we are trying for headaches and sinus issues), so the thought of lining Pfizer's pockets even more doesn't thrill me.

I guess functioning on this little sleep is great practice for motherhood, but yikes I sure wish I could sleep while I still can :) Other than the lack of sleep, life is good in the Heideman household. Both dogs are fully recovered after Molly's spay and Baxter's teeth cleaning. Baxter ended up sick with a virus that he probably had before the procedure, and didn't eat from Wednesday until Sunday. We've never seen the little guy so sick. If he saw that I was going to the laundry room to get out the dog food, he'd turn tail and leave the room. Now he's back to his hungry, begging self and we are thrilled about that!

Once again we couldn't be happier with our vets at the Holt Vet Clinic here in Dallas. Dr. David Baxter is a God send for us! Anyone who took such loving care of our princess Dixie will always and forever have a big place in our hearts, and I think he gives Baxter & Molly the same kind of TLC. (Although to be fair, Dixie was a real trooper and was in the vet's office every other Saturday for a full year -- so she won a lot of hearts over during her journey). So long story short, our furry babies are happy and healthy and are probably at home sleeping now, little twerps! :-)

Hopefully this will be the last 6am post for awhile. Happy Friday and Blessings to all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so the neti pot... does it work? I have wanted to try it.