Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Another new addition

No, not another puppy or a baby :)

Nana gave Jason and I her beautiful dining room set this past weekend. We are so excited about receiving her furniture and look forward to enjoying lots of special meals and good conversation around this table for years to come. Having something from Nana's house will always be a treasure to me. Nana made holiday meals magical ---she always set the most beautiful table complete with china and crystal and, of course, truly delectable food especially her stuffing (with or without oysters!!)

Here is a picture of our new dining room!! Mom is going to help me arrange things just right in the china cabinet this weekend, but this is it as of now.



And because it wouldn't be a proper post without a canine picture, here is a cute picture of "The Duke of DSC" right before we left for Oklahoma city to pick up the furniture in a crappy U-Haul. (Side note - we will never ever again rent a U-Haul. I'm proud to say my Dad worked on the right side of the fence - Ryder Truck Rental!!)

Why, you ask, is there an Usher CD in my car? I am really not sure! It is kind of scary actually.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hAAAAAAAAAha that Usher CD belongs to Jason, don't lie :) I think the dining room furniture looks fabulous in your dining room - I love it and the sentimental value is truly a gift. Your nana will be so proud to know that you will be using it with your family too!!