I have to say, Jason and I have had an emotionally exhausting week with various things we've been dealing with. Through it all, I thank God every day for this wonderful man who is my husband. This sounds like a cliche, I know, but our marriage is a partnership in every sense of the word. It isn't until times of turmoil that I think we really realize this.
We've found our respite from it all is to load the doggies up in the Accord and head out for a "car ride." My personal favorite destination is Whataburger for a junior chocolate malt! I could definitely absolutely eat one of these a day. And then be out buying a new wardrobe :)
(Side note -- we almost had a runaway dog yesterday on our way home from Subway with the dogs. Molly (aka "Flair") had her window cracked open just enough to get her little nose squeezed out. WELL, unbeknownst (sp?) to us, she put the window down using her right paw and had her head, shoulders, and almost all of her torso leaning out the window. I think she was about ready to make her big jump when we noticed and now the windows will stay on lock for awhile :) I think it was quite thrilling for her, so that's good.... )
All this to say, we're looking forward to some quiet R&R time together this weekend. I think we've finally found a church home that we both feel comfortable with, so I'm also looking forward to some worship time there on Sunday.
Have a wonderful weekend!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm so jealous of your relaxing weekend. We've lucked into driving back to Dallas today to visit Stephen's grandmother and have dinner with his mom and dad, brother and sister-in-law. I guess my offer to grill burgers wasn't good enough. LOL. Maybe life will slow down in a few weeks...
Hi Stephanie,
Our Scottie actually did jump out of the window of our moving car on a busy street when we were going about 40 mph. She survived, but it was truly the most scary and horrible thing. She now only rides in the front seat either in a lap or with the window up and locked. I never thought they'd really do it, but I will never tempt her again!
Post a Comment