Thursday, May 22, 2008

Post for my girl

They say that time heals all wounds. Well is has now been 8 ½ months since we lost our Dixie. Today is one of those days that hurts worst than the rest. I see her cute little face in my mind’s eye, and can hear the growl she used when she was very comfortable and did not want to be moved. I know some people don’t identify, but I think this hurts every bit as much as losing a human.

I can absolutely understand now why people lose a dog and don’t ever get a replacement. It just hurts too bad to go through this.
Good news is we are starting to forget the last few days of her precious life and remember mostly all the wonderful happy memories, including when Jason had the dogs for the weekend while I traveled, and Dixie managed to find a luscious tasting two-day old t-bone in the trash can!! She never found a piece of food that she didn’t like. She was always wagging her tail whether you were friend or foe (except for if you were a UPS man carrying boxes – she hated them!).
Thankful for the memories, and still missing you Sweet Baby Dixie!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

we are going to be the sappiest mommies ever!! :) this post makes me sad because i know how it feels. i'm so sorry for your loss, too. they can never be replaced or forgotten....