Monday, June 23, 2008

Scottsdale

The first leg of our trip was to Scottsdale, AZ. We arrived in Phoenix on Friday the 13th where it was HOT, HOT, HOT!! The hote in Scottsdale was nothing short of heaven. We couldn't have asked for anything more. Except for maybe a personal mister to keep us cool while there :) Here's our casita and the view from the patio:





Here's the view from the front. At night, we could see the lights of Phoenix.




Saturday we drove, a long drive about 250 miles each way, to the Grand Canyon. As expected, Jason was quite dismayed with some of my song choices. Here is his honest reaction to a Belinda Carlyle song which I included on my 70's/80's CD:


He was also not very pleased with the Barry White or the Aerosmith "cheesy" songs such as Crazy and Amazin'. I'll admit, they haven't stood the test of time as well as the BeeGees. :)

Here are my three fave Grand Canyon pics.




Wow -- this is getting to be a long post. It's almost 8pm and Jas should be home from work soon, so I'll close and post more tomorrow. Still have pics of Sedona, our climb up Pinnacle Peak, and Lake Las Vegas. Unfortunately, Mom's camera malfunctioned in Vegas so no San Diego pics :( My hands apparently are the kiss of death for cameras. (Sorry, Mom, I promise to get it fixed).

Jason's home, woo hoo!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

great pictures!! I loved that you got a shot of Jason's response to the Belinda Carlyle song! The one on the porch of Jason is really nice- I love the sunset colors. Looks like a great hotel!

Unknown said...

AMAZING! so glad that you guys are taking advantage of this time and traveling a bunch. it's priceless!! anxious to see more pics of your other stops!

Emily K. said...

That looks beautiful! I love 80's music, especially Belinda!