Friday, August 22, 2008

Happenings - August 22

Today for lunch Mom and I are going fabric shopping at some stores here by my office. One of the treasures I got to take from Nana’s house was a club chair that is just the perfect size for our guest bedroom. So, for my birthday, Mom and Dad are going to have this chair re-upholstered for us. I am so excited to have another piece in my home to remind me of my grandparents’ home. We’re going to also squeeze in a quick lunch. (I am not a big fan of the skipping meals thing)

In what is shaping up to be a fun Mom-Daughter weekend, tomorrow we are heading to Kaufman to see Ashley, Ava, Cambrie and Sherry. Can you see me smiling? I haven’t seen Ash since July 10th right after she gave birth, and I miss her like crazy! We got spoiled with almost weekly dates to get our nails done or to meet for dinner, so it seems like forever since we’ve seen each other. And I have got to get to know my honorary nieces.

Hopefully Jason and I can squeeze in a movie or two. Last weekend we saw “Vicky Cristina Barcelona” and this weekend it may be “Tropic Thunder.” I’m not sure I’m excited about watching Robert Downey, Jr. in character as a black man, but maybe he can pull it off??

Happy Friday.

2 comments:

Barrett and Jen said...

Have fun!!

Unknown said...

i had the BEST time with you and your mom today. made my entire month!! thank you for the chick fil a, too! mmmm a little taste of heaven way out here in the sticks :) i miss you so much and it was so good to see you! how did the afternoon decorating go??