Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Another quick post

I just got back from my three-month check-up which lasted about 5 minutes. I just love my Doctor and appreciate that he is pretty laid-back. This is a good compliment to my natural tendencies as “Type A to the max!” Dr. G checked my weight (yuk!) and took a quick listen to the heartbeat which continues to be the most beautiful music. He says the nausea should be over soon as my hormones peaked at week 11. Hopefully I won’t be in the 3-5% of women he mentioned who are sick throughout the pregnancy! I might have to take a leave of absence if that’s the case!

Tomorrow I go to the Montessori school by our house for a tour. There is already a wait until February 2010 for the infant program. Who knew schools in Las Colinas, TX were such a hot commodity. The lady there said “Oh yes Ma’am you probably should have gotten on the waiting list BEFORE you conceived.” Yeah, right. Even I think that’s a bit much! I am just loving learning about all of this though. It’s a whole new wonderful world ahead of us!

6 comments:

Paige and Jon Erickson said...

Congratulations! August babies are so much fun ;) (Caroline was born Aug. 28th) Hope you start feeling better VERY soon!!!

Unknown said...

Wow I had no idea you were Montessori-ing it! Good stuff. Whens the official due date, again?

Unknown said...

duh there it is right below me on the other post. sorry! :)

Barrett and Jen said...

Again, so excited for you guys!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I am very happy for you! The sickness will end I promise! I was sick until about week 11 or 12. Now I am 39 weeks and wanting this baby out! Ha! You will be there soon! Congrats again!

Emily K. said...

That is so pro-active of you! I think they all tell you that, and tons of kids end up getting in :). I know my last 2 schools say that to everyone, but most end up getting a spot! I was sick through week 18, good times! Hope you are feeling better soon.