But, today is the first day since week five with ZERO nausea or any other first-trimester type symptom. PERFECT timing being that I just walked out of a meeting with the ownership of my co. and that would have been a bad time to be green.
We got the results back from our NT scan last week (very early sonogram). Everything was hunky dory. We went from "low risk" to "very low risk" based on different measurements, etc. Like I told Jason, all this yuckiness is 100% worth it to know that the little bambino is developing normally. I am just SO excited.
I had a preliminary talk with my boss, with whom I thankfully have a great working relationship and mutual respect, and he was very open-minded to some sort of a flexible working arrangement post-baby. This is a huge answer to prayer. J and I still have many details to work out, but it's nice to know we do have flexibility. Life will only be changing for the better, I am sure of that much :-) (Although there are those in our lives who must always share the negative and their own personal horror stories....LOVE that!)
Better go fetch Molly and then walk Baxter. It is gorgeous here. Tomorrow we head to Austin to visit with Jess and Brian and get some away time together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Happy to hear that everything is going well and the nausea is almost gone - now you can truly enjoy being pregnant! Let us know if you need anything.
Hey--stay UP!!! Somebody is always going to have a better/bigger/harder/worse experience than yours. And you won't believe the pregnancy/baby/parenting advice you're going to get, so brace yourselves!! A store owner in our neighborhood in NYC used to constantly tell me what a huge head baby Brant had and ask "He ok?"
People still say things like..."Gee, 5 boys?? Better you than me." OR "You didn't want a GIRL??" and my personal fave--- "Good luck...parenting teenagers gets even worse."
What are people thinking?? I usually say.."Tell me something good!" or "A little encouragement would be a big help!" Then people usually get it and back track.
You're gonna do great---horror stories are the exception!
It is the best! There is so much good, there is not enough time to focus on/remember any of the bad! That's what I can tell you from my whole 10 months of being a mom ;)
Post a Comment