Wednesday, March 4, 2009

What Momma’s eating

I thought I'd share some of my favorite and least favorite foods as of now. It is truly amazing how the taste buds evolve during this time!

Pregnancy likes:
Wendy’s chocolate Frosty (is there really another flavor?)
Fruit of all kinds, I can’t get enough
Tortilla soup
Breakfast for dinner
Pillsbury “Slice ‘n bakes”
Dr. Pepper only as a special treat
Pasta with white sauce
Malt o’ Meal – this is a new staple when I’m feeling queasy (Thanks Jason!)
Snapple peach tea
Bologna sandwiches
Hot dogs
PICKLES!!

Pregnancy dislikes:
All vegetables
Mexican food
Coffee, including Mocha Frappucino
Fireside Pie’s
Asian food
Sight or smell of raw meat/poultry
Any restaurants which have caused a “bad experience” afterwards!

What about you? I'd love to hear some other pregnancy cravings or aversions!

10 comments:

Barrett and Jen said...

too funny! With Jax I craved spicy chicken tacos for breakfast,chicken nuggets & healthy choice salsbury steak and mashed potatoes. With Bodie I loved fruit and chicken soft tacos w/ pico. Copeland was jack in the box egg rolls w/ sweet and sour sauce!!!

Yocumotion said...

I craved MAYO!! I used to hate it. John had to stop me from eating it out of the jar once. And I ate 3 LIMES a day, i would peel them like oranges. O and i loved gummy bears!. Mustard made me sick. I ate Whataburger once a day (no joke). Hated veggies and chicken!
Fun Post!!!

Kelly said...

With Brant I craved plain Eggo waffles with a little butter (good when you are queasy!), OLIVES and the veggie sub at Subway....ate there for lunch almost every day!

With Will I craved canteloupes and nectarines. I was JUST telling him about this over the weekend-- I remember cutting the cantaloupes in half and just eating them with a spoon. They were sooooo delicious there in TX....straight from Mexico....still miss those lots....

With Jay...hmmmmmm......I just remember wanting protein---meat and cheese and more meat and since I knew it was probably the last time I would be pregnant, I indulged!

Unknown said...

OH NO, no fireside pies?? that was your favorite!!

you know me. chocolate milk and cheetos :) and TONS OF FRUIT. i'm talking 3 peaches a day, cantaloups, watermelons, and at least 2 grapefruits a day...ruby red grapefruits were my favorite! the craving subsided later in my pregnancy so i just took that opportunity to eat anything and everything that i wanted (i.e. cheesecake, french fries). The girls enjoyed it, so I was just doing it for them ;)

YUCK on the asian food. i'm curious to see if you like it again post-pregnancy. the thought of it still disgusts me, 8 months later.

Unknown said...

AND PICKLES!! yumm - go to dickey's and get the turkey dinner (no sauce...it's just turkey and it's nice and bland) and load up on their pickles. they are so garlicky - the BEST pickles EVER! promise you won't be disappointed!

one more thing...my thought on milkshakes is this - EAT AS MANY AS YOU CRAVE :) seriously, though. my dr said the babies needed lots of vitamin D and calcium...and it's hard to get enough of that in one days time...milkshake is a way better option than chocolate cake :)

Anonymous said...

oh dear no Mexican! i'd die.

I craved lemon with Olivia.

With Tim, I loved Mexican. Maybe I didn't really have craving with Tim!

With both babies, cooking meat was a nasty turn off.

theboganbunch said...

Too funny!!! Well I had very strange cravings. All I wanted when i felt sick at my stomach was queso and jalapenos (I know it sounds crazy) and ginger ale to top it off followed by ice cream (couldn't get enough of the stuff). Finally, the nausea let up by the second trimester. Thankfully!!!

Stephanie said...

I have so loved reading about everyone's pregnancy cravings!! It has brought a big smile to my face. Mayo seems to be my new drug of choice for the last 48 hours. Yum!!!

Unknown said...

our next dinner date is at denny's! :)

Chris, Whitney, and Leighton said...

Peanut Butter, Peanut Butter and more Peanut Butter!! Also Skittles and Cheetos. Sadly enough I still eat all those things just as much even though I don't have the preggo excuse! :(