It seems that since Jason and I decided to just “let go” of trying to plan out every last detail of my maternity leave, subsequent flexible working schedule, and child care, God has been very busy working on these details. I won’t bore you with all the details, but in a nutshell:
-My Company continues to be wonderfully flexible as I transition into this new secondary (but most important) career called Motherhood. I feel abundantly blessed not only to be employed during this downturn, especially in the oil and gas industry in Texas, but to be working for this company where they are willing to bend a little knowing that a happy Momma will definitely be a more productive one! I know we will
eventually work out an arrangement that will work for both our family and the Company.
-Our neighbors across the alley from us approached us this past weekend regarding a nanny or possible nanny-sharing arrangement. They have two little girls, age 2 and 4 months, and the Mom is a pediatrician, so we could feel great about sharing a nanny with this family. (or hiring someone they have recommended)
-Then yesterday there was a note in our mailbox from the nanny across the street. I talked to her weeks ago to inquire if she knew of any good nannies in the area. She wants us to meet her friend of 20+ years who has extensive childcare experience and currently works in a local school district with special needs children. She wants to find year-round employment and is very interested in meeting with us.
So I guess this post ended up being pretty detailed after all, but we are so excited about everything that’s happening now. We still have the option of the school right by our house, but this is not our favorite option.
Jason and I have our 30-week appointment and sonogram today at 1pm. I can’t wait to see Kaitlyn again and find out how much she weighs. I am hoping to have the willpower to SKIP the 4-D sonogram because I want to wait and see her precious face after she's born.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
YAY i'm so excited to hear all about this in person. what an answered prayer, though! i'll continue to pray that it works out and whatever is best for Miss K will be. Can we go eat some sushi soon?? The cooked kind, of course!! Miss you!
Post a Comment