Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Baby shower and kicking the sugar habit!

Good news!! I do not have “the bedes” as Jason as I have come to fondly refer to gestational diabetes. Dr. G said I was right on the borderline, so I do need to watch my sugar, but don’t need to go on the strict diabetes diet. My first steps towards kicking my sugar/carbohydrate addiction will be to stop eating my Pillsbury toaster strudels for breakfast, and replace my Dr. Pepper with unsweetened iced tea. I’m not sure I am emotionally prepared to give up my one dessert per day, but I will give that some thought at least.

Also, check out the shower pictures at Ashley’s blog. It was a fabulous party – my four amazing hostesses plus Kakky did an amazing job of planning, decorating, and cooking. They didn’t overlook a single detail. The cutlery was even wrapped in hot pink napkins with strips of coordinating leopard print.
The ladies even had a piece of custom artwork made for her nursery which is perfectly coordinated with her bedding and other décor. Now Jason and I just have to find the perfect spot for it in her room. The dogs have been especially interested in checking out all of her loot, especially the blankets and talking baby Einstein toy. They are learning to say colors in three languages now.

It was a day I will never forget, and such a special day to catch up with old friends and family. It is so fun to know that Kaitlyn Grace has a huge extended family all waiting to meet and love on her. Her Daddy and I are pretty excited to meet her too!
I can’t wait to see all of her little features and find out what color her hair and eyes will be. Mine was blonde with blue eyes and Jason was born with black hair and had brown eyes as a child, now he has light brown hair and green eyes. I’m thinking we may have a dark-haired, blue-eyed baby! But whatever God decides on for her, I know she will be perfect to us! (and the apple of her Daddy’s eye)

Have a great day.

1 comment:

Allie said...

I am so pumped you are having a girl!!! They are just too much fun! Congratulations...you are going to be a wonderful mommy!:)