Well tomorrow is the day I've been looking forward to pretty much since the day we found out we were expecting - my baby shower :) My sweet friends Ashley and Whitney plus their Moms Sherry and Michelle are hosting together at my Mom's house (Kakky) tomorrow. They have been busy working on the shower for a couple of weeks (at least), and I am so excited to see what they've been up to! It will be so nice to have the chance to visit with friends and family, some of which I haven't had the opportunity to see in way too long. I'll post pictures for sure later in the weekend.
Right this minute I'm sitting in the doctor's office having a three-hour glucose tolerance test. Apparently I "failed" the regular 28-week tolerance test i took on Tuesday, which is a screening for gestational diabetes. So I haven't eaten since 8pm last night (see more about my last meal below), and just drank a lovely sugar drink so they can see how my blood levels will react. They'll take my blood every hour until noon and then I'm free to eat a BIG lunch.
Ashley and I celebrated her #28 last night with the traditional mani-pedi date followed by dinner at Houston's in Addison. I shouldn't say dinner, it was more like a feast. Fabulous! We quickly realized if we were going to make if through all of our courses including dessert, that we'd better split an entree rather than ordering two. So we split a cheeseburger with fries and topped it off with a brownie sundae. I did literally waddle to the car afterwards with a very happy tummy, baby, and heart. On a side note, Jason got a french dip "to go" for his dinner so I also had a very happy husband when I arrived home.
Happy Friday and I'll be back later in the weekend with a shower update.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
praying for you today - hope it all goes well...and tomorrow is gonna be FABULOUS!! the perfect shower for the most precious prego ever! :) it's been so much fun planning/preparing for your shower b/c in part i'm giving thanks for the beautiful shower you threw for me and my girls when i was prego. see you tomorrow ;)
wish I could be there! Have a great time!!
Awwwl! Wish I were there. Times like this I hate to be so far away.....sniff sniff.
Post a Comment