Well you probably noticed that I put the blog back to "private." With the arrival of the little one, I just didn't feel right having the blog open to the public, especially with people finding pictures of their baby on Craigslist, etc. lately!
Yesterday was Kaitlyn's 2 week appointment. Mom came along as Jason is swamped with work. She has done some serious growing since her birth day! She gained a pound and a half since leaving the hospital and grew an inch. So she's now 7 lb 9 oz (25% percentile) and 21 inches (75%). I'm working very hard to get the weight up a bit....I think she needs fat baby legs! Seriously though, she is healthy and growing just as she is supposed to, and that is a great reaffirmation for Jason and I as first-timers.
Saturday night we have our first "date night" post baby. We're going out to one of our favorite restaurants as part of the Dallas "Restaurant Week." Pops and Kakky are going to watch their little princess so we can go out for steak and a nice bottle of wine together. I am so looking forward to some good conversation with my husband.
Other than that, nothing too exciting to report. I am enjoying maternity leave and trying to sleep with Kaitlyn during one of her daytime naps. It is an adjustment being at home so much, as I am not very good at sitting still usually. But, I wouldn't trade this time for ANYTHING in the world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment