Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Remembering....

Well, it has been four years to the day since we lost our sweet, but slightly neurotic, Dixie
and three years tomorrow since we lost Nana. 

I typically try hard not to spend too much time in sadness on these anniversaries, but rather try very hard to remember and share happy memories whenever they come to mind.  this year I find myself really longing for Nana's voice, the smell of her kitchen, our long phone calls about nothing in particular, and our rambling trips through Wal-Mart.  I so wish she were here to see my tummy grow with my second precious baby.   I just miss her so much! I am thankful for the 91 years God gave her to us, and the 28 years she was my Nana. She left some treasures for me to remember her by, and some of my favorites are the cookbooks, especially the ones she inscribed.  i also have a few things left which still smell like her house, and I can not tell you how wonderful that is!  So here's to you, our angel Nana (a.k.a. Mrs. Hazel Taylor).  I love you always.

No comments: