Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Listening for His voice

God has been busy at work on my heart lately, especially since Sunday. I feel a new stirring in my heart, and am realizing that lately I've been trying too hard to steer & control everything. I truly want to live the life that He has planned for me, and in a way that glorifies Him.

A few weeks ago, the minister spoke about ministry and how this can be something different for everyone. It doesn't have to mean traveling to Africa to feed the poor, or volunteering in a soup kitchen. It can be something different, something that each person feels specifically called to do. I do not know yet what I am called to do, but I know that I want to share God's love and all of the blessings he's bestowed on Jason & I.

My prayer for the next few days is that our family can gather, put all of our disagreements in the past, and truly celebrate Nana's life. Nana and Papa would have wanted us to sit together, eat, laugh, and maybe even play some games while we're at it. Specifically, I think Nana would want us to eat her recent favorite meal - a chicken breast dinner at KFC with corn on the cob and slaw. :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your minister is spot on- not all of us are called to africa. I think you are called to minister with your dogs in nursing homes. It just seems to fit you so well- your care for others and your love for your dogs. They may be more to it than that but I hope you'll continue to do that as you are blessed with time. Also- the nursing home is a great place to take your human children, as God gives them to you ;o)