It seems like our sweet Nana is really losing her strength. I can't get her to answer the phone when I call anymore. I am not sure if she can't hear it or can't reach it? I call the nurses desk at her nursing home, and they are always wonderful and fill me in with how she is doing. But, it absolutely breaks my heart that I can't hear her voice anymore unless I am in person. I hope she knows how much we love her even though working full-time jobs keeps us from getting to OKC as often as we'd like....
That being said, I plan to make a day trip to see her on Sunday. I will try to bring Molly with me - I think she will love to cuddle up to Nana and share some joy with her.
I am thoroughly and completely convinced that God sent us Molly, the dog that is 100% pure love and happiness, to get us through some very rough spots over the past year and to spread His love to other people. Jason and I have many times looked over at her after a long day at work, as she is wiggling and wagging and just SO HAPPY, and think "what would we do without her?" She reminds us to live in the moment!
Not to be forgotten, we still love our other dog, Baxter, very much! He is the world's best snuggler and has an innate sense of when someone is feeling down. He takes after his Dad and is more serious and spends a lot of time protecting our house (his kingdom), and ensuring our safety. Yes - startingly similar to his Daddy. thankfully, he is not as football obsessed as Jason ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sorry to hear about your Nana.
In regards to your comment, yes I totally remember you. Funny how these blogs bring people together from the past huh? I told Chris that I had seen y'alls blog and he said to make sure and tell y'all he said hi. Have a great weekend!
Post a Comment