
I painted the room back in February 2007 while Jason was at his boys' weekend, and realized that every previous owner had their own idea of flair for this room. Prior wall colors appear to be a lime green and also a saffron yellow. YIKES.
Anyways, this room has been fun to decorate. The furniture was bought on a whim one day while Mom and I were at haverty's. no prior husbandly approval on this purchase. Won't do THAT again. hehehe. Seriously, I am lucky to have a patient and forgiving husband.
the bedding is from Tarjee and Kohl's and Mom and I sewed the euro shams about a year ago. BTW, My Mom is the queen sew-er and I hope to pick up a thing or two from her!!
Curtains from the Great Indoors. Jason and I have fallen in love with the color and the material. we'd probably like to hang these in our bedroom too! Can you have the same curtains throughout the house?? Actually hanging them was a feat I'd rather not discuss.
My favorite item is the club chair that was in Nana and Papa's home for years - probably since the 1960's. (see old fabric below). Mom and Dad got this recovered for my upcoming birthday and I love it! I just picked it up today. I am beyond thrilled to have this in my home now.
Anyways, here's the room now. It is done. So come visit us :-) (small flat screen TV will hopefully make its appearance when the prices get low enough after the holidays)
4 comments:
beautiful! great job! and plenty of room for a pack and play in front of the closet. nice thinking :) packing my bags now....
Very chic, I'm impressed. You make me want to redo our bedroom now. :)
I love the room.. it looks great!!!
it looks great!
Post a Comment