Saturday, October 25, 2008

Flowers and Dinner

I loved today's weather in Dallas!! It was a PERFeCT day. I headed to Wal-Mart (twice) and bought oodles of pansies and some kale for "border color." The best part was the sweet man who helped me pick out the best of the pansies and even loaded them into my cart for me.

Trust me though - this was not an act of flirting. He wasn't interested, if you know what I mean. but he was so nice and recognized that I needed help, so he swooped in and said "You MUST buy some Kale for border color around these daisies!" So I did! i'm still not done planting, but it will get done... I think I bought 10 flats in all?!? Watch out Neil Sperry, you have competition...hahaha.

Had a wonderful dinner with our dear friends the Blurtons at La Duni in Dallas. They are about to welcome a little baby boy bundle of joy in November, so it was our "last blast" for awhile. We can't wait to meet him, and take Mike & Ashley out for wine and good laughter once they are ready to get out and about again.

2 comments:

Barrett and Jen said...

I love working in my flowerbeds now. Ok, I don't love the weeding part. I want pictures of the pansies when you are finished planting.

Unknown said...

so La Duni is still open?? we may have to schedule a date night soon...p.s. i hope you and j are free dec 20th. think mom's hosting her second annual open house at the lake...your parents are included! hope you and j can make it out! ready for another nail/dinner night soon. i miss you already! and i bet your flowerbeds are looking AWESOME!