Last night at dinner, J told me only that I needed to be "awake by 9:30 and ready to go by 10:00 a.m." He can be very secretive about certain things, thus one of his nicknames of "Secret Agent." I never got any more details, only that I could wear capris and flip flops. He never said if we were going somewhere, if he was coming along...nothing. I LOVE surprises so I was really excited and looking forward to a big surprise today.
Today a little before 10, Jason tells me "I think the doorbell just rung?" I peeked around and found my sweet Mom waiting for me and holding out itinerary for the day. It was:
10 am - Kakky arrives to pick up Steph
10:30 - mani/pedi at May Nails
12:30 - lunch at Neiman's or place of my choosing
2:00 - pre-natal massage!!
3:00 - snack & coke Icee
3:30 - nap
6:00 - primp for dinner
7:00 - dinner with Mom, Dad and Jason at Rafa's
If you noticed I got a big allotment of time for napping, and I used every last minute of it. I found out today that Jason had to actually get a prescription from my ob/gyn so that I could get the prenatal massage. He managed to get this at my 34-week appointment without me even noticing which is pretty impressive since we tend to stick together at these appointments. (See, he can be sly when he needs to be!)
It was the best day. Now I am completely relaxed and ready to bring this sweet baby girl into the world when she's ready. Thanks, Mom -- I LOVE YOU!
3 comments:
What an awesome surprise!
that is the SWEETEST thing i've ever heard. way to go, jas!! BIG points!! and your mom is just the most wonderful lady i know - it makes me want to cry to think of how much she loves you and cannot wait to love on her grandbaby, too. you DESERVE this, steph! you are doing GREAT and this baby is so blessed to have such a wonderful mommy and daddy to come home to :)
WOW! What a mom! You are a lucky girl! Good luck these last couple of weeks, I'll will be praying for a safe delivery
Post a Comment