Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Musings

1 - I am pretty sure 6 Oreos is too many for one day, even for a nine-months pregnant woman.

2 - Jason never knows what dinner will hold for him. Last night he offered to cook salmon and veggies on the grill. I had a craving for chicken fried steak (???) I haven't eaten that in maybe 15-20 years. It was good though!

3 - Today is our 36-week checkup. We are dying for one more sonogram, but it seems like we're going to have to wait and see this little one in person instead. What's 2 weeks when you've been waiting 36 after all!?

4- WE HIRED A NANNY LAST NIGHT!! Love, love, love her! She is such an incredible answer to prayer -- her name is Alecia and we just couldn't be happier about finding her through the nanny across the street. She loves our dogs too, so life is good for the spoiled mutts who live with us. She'll start in late October most likely.

5 - I am looking forward to getting back in shape post-baby. I talked to the trainer today and I'm going to start working out at the gym at work w/ her after about six weeks post-baby. She's going to put me through a much needed "boot camp." I guess this means the end of my coke icee fetish, too.

6 - Please keep a dear friend (Whitney's) Mom (Michelle Freeman) in your prayers. She is suffering from various complications from 5-years of a brave battle with uterine cancer. She is currently an inpatient at MD Anderson in Houston and has a week full of tests to determine how her cancer is reacting to a trial, plus why her kidneys are failing.

That's all for now!!!

2 comments:

kinsey said...

jealous that you've already found a nanny! since i don't need them to start until january, i'm thinking it's still too early to ask around. but when it's time i might be emailing you!

LeClair Family said...

Oh I am so jealous of your Nanny... let me know if she has any nanny friends she can send my way!!