Tomorrow we go in for our 34-week checkup with Dr. G, a.k.a. my stand-up comedian OB/GYN who we LOVE! I can’t remember if I posted before but Miss Kaitlyn has gotten herself out of the breech position into a normal head down position, so it’s looking good for a regular, old-fashioned delivery (WITH epidural of course). Although the due date is August 18, Dr. G. will induce at week 38 (around August 4) if she hasn’t already made an appearance by then. Wow – less than a month!
The nursery at our house is nearing completion, with just a few final touches left. Mom has been busy sewing the cushion for the rocking chair, and I need to do some touch ups on my one and only sewing project. Yes – I did say the “nursery at our house” because there is another nursery at Kakky and Papa’s house complete with a beautiful crib, bedding, and hand sewn accessories. This poor child will be so neglected!!
I continue to work a mostly full-time schedule, but there are many days when I have to either come in late or leave early due to nausea. Today I got in around lunchtime and had a very productive afternoon. So although I am taking a lot of PTO which I would have liked to save until maternity leave, I am making it work without having to start my leave early. I’ll take the full 12-weeks, so will be off work until late October or early November.
I am so thankful for the opportunity to have a full three months to spend with our girl. Jason and I are truly blessed to have that time for me to stay home while she’s so tiny.
If we by chance get any news tomorrow or an unexpected sonogram, I’ll post that here. Going forward I’ll hopefully be able to post all updates here rather than also sending out emails, so start checking more frequently if you’d like! Also I think we’ll go private again when she arrives, so if you’re a new reader please shoot me your email address via comment or my email which is stephanieheideman@yahoo.com
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
good luck tomorrow!
Looks like a trip out during your maternity leave is a definite possibility! Drew has business in Dallas September 6 & 7, so maybe I'll just hop on the plane with him....!
Post a Comment