Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Fun long weekend….

Well this past weekend which started on Thursday and just ended this morning was every bit as great as I’d expected. I picked up Meredith and Rylie from DFW Thursday night and we headed to Mom and Dad’s for pizza and catching up. It was a treat to be able to catch up on things over the last few years in Alaska and get to know Rylie better. The last time I saw her I was helping to feed her from a bottle  now she is going a mile a minute and is a champion swimmer for her age!

Jason and I spent Friday – Sunday morning with our friends Scott and Ashlee Waugh. They are just settling back into their house in OKC after a major renovation, so we LOVED hearing about all the upgrades and changes. We are planning to go there and visit soon. Since the Doctor’s Waugh lived in Virginia during their residencies, we didn’t get to see them very often and are so excited to have them closer. We realized that the four of us share a similar addiction to Sonic Happy Hour (1/2 price) drinks daily from 2-4 pm! Ashlee and I plan to load up with happy hours drinks in OKC on a Sunday afternoon soon, and then head off to open houses just for fun 

Then I headed back to Mom and Dad’s to spend a few more days with Mer & Rylie – LOTS of swimming, laughing, and great food. I am so sad this morning that they are heading back home, but hopeful that it will not be such a long time until our next visit. In fact, they will be in the great state of Texas in September for a wedding, and I may have to go to see them, if only for a big hug and a coke float with them.

Back to work with a happy heart after time with friends and family! Ready to go home tonight to my sweet hubby and pooches.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

so glad you had such a wonderful weekend! i miss you tons. whitney came yesterday and stayed through 3 feedings!! i broke her in big time! LOL. diaper change lessons are saved for next time...i didn't want to scare her off too bad :) can't wait for aunt stephy to come visit! love you!

LeClair Family said...

That sounds like a great weekend. I am sure you are tired after all that!!!