Thursday, July 3, 2008

Hungry!

One of the best benefits of working at my company (J-W Operating company) is definitely the two full-time personal trainers that are on staff. I've been doing pilates twice a week and personal training (mostly strength training) sessions for about two months now. The intent was mostly to be healthy and reduce stress, but I'd also like to get back to the weight I was when we got married. (Not a big gain but enough to upset me....women readers you know what I mean). so, I told Leigh about my diet and she said it sounded great, but to try and replace my "starchy" snacks such as healthy popcorn, English muffins, etc. with fruits and veggies. SO, my new snacks are apples, cucumbers, carrots, bananas and an occasional string cheese.

I AM STARVING! I guess eventually I will get used to it, but for now it is painful and I am very grouchy by about 3pm. for now my plan is to just eat more veggies until I find the amount that will keep me feeling full. Good news is that I feel great from the workouts, especially the pilates. I walk out of there on Tuesdays and Thursdays feeling like i've just spent the day in the spa....It is heavenly.

2 comments:

Emily K. said...

That is so nice, I am so jealous of that. I know what you mean, I'd love to be back to that point also!

Unknown said...

try dried peaches. they stink to high heaven but they are a really good source of fiber and 3-4 really tend to fill you up. just make sure that you don't eat them in your office before someone comes in...i'm not lying - they smell horrific!! :)

so proud of you - you look GREAT! keep up the hard work. you never know - pretty soon you might have a tummy getting in the way of your exercise routine :) :) :)